I’ve gotten about 20 cards back…and a gazillion more never sent out–so if you are one of those–or a dear reader or friends via blog world–here’s our family’s 2012 Christmas card! I keep updating my EXL spreadsheet–and I’m gonna be all set for our little man’s homecoming announcements and next years cards for sure:) STILL no word from USCIS–but tomorrow is a new day–and maybe it will come! I will post here the MINUTE it does!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS from our family to yours…
And on the back we shared a little tid bit from each number on the top 12 of 2012 on the back…here ’tis:
1. Andrea and the Created for Care team led two retreats in January and March serving 1,000 adoption mommas. Excitng to see how the Lord is continuing to grow this ministry and bring rest and encouragement to moms. Two more retreats ahead in 2013!
2. Richard took Parker on his FIRST ski trip to Park City! They skied for a weekend with Richard’s cousin Jason and his son which was special because Richard grew up visiting and skiing with Jason as a kid. SO neat to see their boys ski together!
3. Regardless if they really finished #1…they think they did! P-man played baseball and had another great season with his daddy coaching! He got to play on a team with one of his best friends (2 of the 3 musketeers!)
4. Loo-bear began another season of ballet! She is dancing this year as a 5th year ballerina, and she takes two days a week. She also danced in her FIRST Nutcracker this year with a role as a little mouse. LOTS of hard work and she loved it!
5. We started our 2nd year of homeschooling this year. We have a little TOO much fun I think! We have been studying Egypt!
6. Richard went to Ndola, Zambia in June. You can visit www.wiphan.org to learn more about the ministry there! There are a million and one ways to get involved–so just let us know if you are ever interested in going or child sponsorship!
7. Isaac started swimming lessons this year. YAY! He and Frank take year round lessons and they are both little FISH!
8. We went on vacation to Hilton Head again this year with the Dentons. The kids had a blast! Their favorite things were flying kites and eating watermelon on the beach. We saw dolphins and after Mr.Denton got stung by a sting ray we also learned through the ER if that ever happens you need to stick your foot in REALLY hot water to get the poison out.
9. We decided to host a 15 year old who was aging out of an orphanage in the Ukraine. We fell in love with her–and spent our summer showing her around Atlanta. It was an action packed summer–and it was AMAZING!
10. Richard once again coached another soccer season with Paul (the 3rd musketeer’s dad!). Parker and Laney both played, but Laney discovered she wants to stick to just ballet. Parker on the other hand decided to drop baseball in 2013 and play soccer back to back instead.
11. We took our 1st trip to Disney! Frank insisted on going to Cinderella’s Royal Table with me and Loo–and he wanted to go as Captain Hook! We took both of the grandmothers with us–our #1 piece of Disney advice is now take the grandmothers!
12. We got to see God work a miracle in brining Princess T a family the day she was aging out! We were blessed to be at the airport for her arrival home. Tears fell as we watched Isaac overcome with emotion run to greet her and rejoice with her!
AND BEST OF ALL…we are growing again! He will be 2 years old in May, and we are praying to travel to China close to his birthday. We can’t share his picture YET, but we will be sharing them on our blog as soon as we can! Blessings to your family in 2013!
“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory.” Ephesians 3:20
Going to humbly ask ya’ll to please pray for our Zeke if you think about it over Christmas. And pray for my momma heart. Well–just pray really hard for him…cause I’ll be okay–I promise:) I mean–I’ll still be running to the mailbox every day hoping for that USCIS approval…but in the big scheme of things I’m all good! REALLY–please pray for him. Pray that he will be well loved on this Christmas. Pray for wellness and that the caregivers at his orphanage would love him big. Thank you for praying. And please pray for that letter to come speedily and to be guarded as it gets here!!! THANK YOU!
Blessings my friends…